Ol Pejeta operates a unique wildlife-livestock integration model. Livestock play an imporant role in rangeland management as well as revenue generation for conservation work.
Come and learn how our livestock department manage our sizeable herd of 7,000 Boran cattle and a smaller herd of Ankole cattle, to promote the quality of our grasslands by creating ‘biodiversity hotspots’.
You will get a chance to visit our predator proof cattle ‘bomas’ as well as visit a cattle herd out grazing.
You may also take part in one of the day’s activities of moving a cattle ‘boma’ or assisting in a cattle spray race.
Available daily between 9.00 am - 11.00am. Guests will be picked up from your camp/lodge by the tourism guide team in a conservancy vehicle.
Activity lasts for approximately 2 hours. Clients are recommended to have closed shoes. Vehicle seats 6 people and is not exclusive use. Subject to availability at the time of booking.
Cost US$ 40 per adult, US$ 20 per child (3-12 years).
Please send an email to email@example.com or call us on +254 (0) 707 187 141 or +254 (0) 705 911 021 with any additional questions.
BOOKING CANCELLATION POLICY:
- If a booking is cancelled 60 - 30 days to arrival, 20% of the booking value will be charged.
- If a booking is cancelled 30 - 20 days to arrival, 50% of the total booking value will be charged.
- If a booking is cancelled within 19 days to arrival, 100% of the total booking value will be charged.
- If a guest arrives to a conservation activity 15 minutes after the scheduled starting time without prior communication, the Conservancy reserves the right to reduce the activity duration or cancel the booking with no refund.
- If a guest does not arrive within 30 minutes after the scheduled activity starting time, the experience will be cancelled with no refund.
- A booking within one month of arrival must be paid in full 48 hours after making the reservation.
- If a booking is made at least one month to arrival date – FULL PAYMENT is expected within 7 days of making the reservation.