Carry more memories home by riding on horseback across the Ol Pejeta plains. The experience, which lasts two hours, is unparalleled. You will ride through the northern white rhino enclosure, then out the gate onto the Ol Pejeta plains and to the rhino memorial, Sudan’s resting place.
Horse riding gives you a unique perspective of the landscape and allows you to get closer to wildlife than in a safari vehicle. You will feel a sense of quiet isolation amidst the vast scenery of Ol Pejeta Conservancy. Depending on weather conditions and rider experience there may be a swim in Pelican dam.
The rides will only be open to experienced riders and some proof of riding ability will be required at point of booking; clients judged to be of insufficient riding ability will not be permitted to undertake this activity.
Ol Pejeta will supply all tack and riding hats; clients will be responsible for their own attire. We recommend that legs and arms are covered.
Rides for up to 4 riders will be available daily from 8:00-10:00 and 14:00-16:00. We would recommend that clients wear sun-cream and carry drinking water. Subject to availability at time of booking.
Price per person inclusive of meeting the northern white rhinos and riding will be US$ 70.
Please send an email to email@example.com or call us on +254 (0) 707 187 141 or +254 (0) 705 911 021 with any additional questions.
Download our factsheet to learn more about horse riding on Ol Pejeta.
BOOKING CANCELLATION POLICY:
- If a booking is cancelled 60 - 30 days to arrival, 20% of the booking value will be charged.
- If a booking is cancelled 30 - 20 days to arrival, 50% of the total booking value will be charged.
- If a booking is cancelled within 19 days to arrival, 100% of the total booking value will be charged.
- If a guest arrives to a conservation activity 15 minutes after the scheduled starting time without prior communication, the Conservancy reserves the right to reduce the activity duration or cancel the booking with no refund.
- If a guest does not arrive within 30 minutes after the scheduled activity starting time, the experience will be cancelled with no refund.
- A booking within one month of arrival must be paid in full 48 hours after making the reservation.
- If a booking is made at least one month to arrival date – FULL PAYMENT is expected within 7 days of making the reservation.