In 2009, Ol Pejeta Conservancy welcomed four of the world's last remaining seven northern white rhinos from the Dvůr Králové Zoo in the Czech Republic. Suni, unfortunately, died of natural causes on October 2014 and Sudan died of age-related complications on March 19th 2018, leaving only two northern white rhino left in the world - both females. The two remaining rhino now live in the 700-acre rhino enclosure. Here, visitors have a once in a lifetime opportunity to meet these remarkable rhino up close and personal and to hear their amazing story from the keepers that look after them 24/7. All proceeds from the Meet the Northern White Rhinos experience are reinvested into the continuing efforts to pull the species back from the verge of extinction.
This activity is available daily from the Morani Information Centre at 8:30 am, 11:00 am, 3:00 pm and 4:30 pm, and can be booked online. It is also available for people visiting the Conservancy on day trips. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +254 (0) 707 187 141 or +254 (0) 705 911 021 with any additional questions.
We would recommend that clients wear closed shoes and carry sun-cream and a hat. Clothing should be of neutral colour.
BOOKING CANCELLATION POLICY:
- If a booking is cancelled 60 - 30 days to arrival, 20% of the booking value will be charged.
- If a booking is cancelled 30 - 20 days to arrival, 50% of the total booking value will be charged.
- If a booking is cancelled within 19 days to arrival, 100% of the total booking value will be charged.
- If a guest arrives to a conservation activity 15 minutes after the scheduled starting time without prior communication, the Conservancy reserves the right to reduce the activity duration or cancel the booking with no refund.
- If a guest does not arrive within 30 minutes after the scheduled activity starting time, the experience will be cancelled with no refund.
- A booking within one month of arrival must be paid in full 48 hours after making the reservation.
- If a booking is made at least one month to arrival date – FULL PAYMENT is expected within 7 days of making the reservation.