IMPORTANT NOTICE: This conservation experience has been temporarily suspended. Please contact our reservations office for more details and check back for a resumption date.
Enjoy a unique opportunity of viewing chimpanzees behind the scenes and learn more about the day to daycare of the chimpanzees in our care. Chimpanzees are not indigenous to Kenya and Sweetwaters Chimpanzee Sanctuary is the only place to see them in Kenya. Get exclusive access and see the chimpanzees during their feeding time and as they engage in enrichment activities within their enclosures.
- Group size restricted to 6 people and subject to the welfare of animals at the time of your visit
- Absolutely no physical contact will be allowed between chimpanzees and visitors
- Visitors will not be allowed to feed the chimpanzees (feeding only done by caregivers)
- To minimize the possible transmission of human diseases, visitors are asked to maintain a distance of 4 meters from the chimpanzees.
- If you are sick with a cold, flu or any other contagious illness, a visit behind the scenes at the Chimpanzee Sanctuary will not be possible.
- All behind scenes visits will be accompanied by Sweetwaters Chimpanzee Sanctuary staff member
- Maximum 6 people per group
- If the chimps become uncontrollable chimpanzee sanctuary staff reserve the right to ask the visitors to leave
- Photography will only be allowed outside the chimps houses
This activity is available daily for an hour at 7:30, 12:00 and in the evening from 16:30. Book your behind the scenes tour here.
For more information, contact us on email@example.com or call us on + 254 (0) 707 187 141.
You can watch a vlog on how exciting the Behind the Scenes activity is here (from 3:05).
As the world continues to deal with the effects and unprecedented circumstances occasioned by the COVID-19 pandemic, we are extending changes to our payment and cancellation policies until further notice. We effected these changes in March 2020 as a means to assist our clients during this trying time. Find the complete payment and cancellation policy here