Urban Ranch is an initiative working with local community groups to create quality handicrafts, the sales of which support local people and conservation. Urban Ranch aims to work with local communities living adjacent to wildlife conservancies in Laikipia and further afield to make use of indigenous skills to design, develop and manufacture high quality, innovative handicrafts for sale to local, national and, ultimately, international retail markets.
- Current products include:
- Leather items: shoes, handbags, belts, tassels, key-rings
- Lacquer trays, table mats and desktop accessories
- Sisal and leather products – tablemats, hand-bags
- Beaded products – earrings, necklaces, fashion items, Christmas tree decorations
- Bags made from local African fabrics, in particular; kitenge, kanga and sheep-skin
This page is under review. For enquiries please contact Sarah Vigne +254 712648345